What is UPVC? Unplasticised polyvinyl chloride (UPVC) is a rigid type of PVC popular in the building industry because:
• It's low maintenance costing you next to nothing after installation
• It comes in a range of colours and finishes that can be customised to look wood to meet your aesthetic needs
• UPVC isn't limited to window frames but can be used for fascia, siding and weatherboarding
• UPVC is resistant to sunlight, oxidation due to weather conditions such as heavy rain and is also resistant to chemical damage making it the idea material for external use
• This material is great for both residential and commercial applications
Why Choose UPVC Windows? There are numerous reasons to choose St Helens UPVC windows.
1. UPVC is extremely low maintenance. It doesn't require polishing like natural wood or regular treatments to prevent rust like some metal frame options.
2. St Helens UPVC windows are weather resistant and won't crack, fade or warp over time.
3. Want double or even triple glazed glass? No problem, UPVC frames allow for both ensuring your home is more secure and better insulated.
4. UPVC windows reduce heat emissions making your home more energy efficient, which means you save money every month on utility bills.
You can be sure to find specialist contractors just right for your home improvement project, thanks to the biggest network of tradesmen in the UK. Use our free service to compare up to four competitive, no-obligation quotes.
Free contractor quotes in an instant
UPVC Window Installation: UPVC windows can be installed with relative ease. It is a multiple step process that begins with the removal of old windows. The unwanted glass and frame is disposed and the window is prepared for the new fitting. UPVC windows can be installed already glazed in one step or in a two-step frame then glass process. Either way, the frame is fitted and fixed in place using cleats or bolts to secure the window. There may be a gap between the frame and masonry, which is usually filled using silicon sealants or flexible foams.
Repair and Replacement:
Although UPVC windows St Helens are incredibly durable, damage over time can occur. Depending on the extent of the problem, damaged UPVC frames can be repaired on site, be it commercial or residential, by filling in cracks and scuff marks with sealant. However, if the damage is more severe, it may be better to replace the entire frame so as not to risk the insulation and security of your building.
The Cost of UPVC Windows: The cost of buying and installing UPVC windows depends on a number of factors: the size of the window, the number of windows, the style and level of customisation of the frame, and whether the window is double or triple glazed. The more windows, the more labour required, the more expensive the installation is likely to be. However, given the longevity of UPVC, installing these windows could end up saving you money in the long run.
Tired of living with ugly old windows teetering in cracked frames? Want to give your home or place of work a make-over? St Helens UPVC windows provide a cost effective, practical and aesthetic solution. Take a minute to fill in our online form describing your ideal windows. We'll take it from there. Get a free, no-obligation quote from us today for pristine UPVC windows that'll last a lifetime.
Your St Helens UPVC window questions answered
- Do UPVC windows require maintenance? No. The material that they are made from is rugged and durable and as such, it does not require the maintenance that some of the other window materials do.
- Do I need to worry about the paint chipping or colour fading? Not at all. The unique design of these windows means that the colour is incorporated into the UPVC itself, so there is no paint to chip and your colours will remain as vibrant as they are today for years to come.
- How are uPVC windows different from PVC windows? UPVC windows have more rigid frames that stand up better to changes in temperature.
- Why should I choose uPVC windows over other types? UPVC windows do not contain any BPA and are made from recyclable materials, making them better for the environment.
Our Online UPVC Window Form
Tell us just a few details about the number of windows you would like replaced or repaired with a simple online form.
Your Free Window Quotes
We'll arrange for up to four local UPVC window specialists to provide you with their very best quotes direct.